Sunday, January 23, 2011

Body parts

Still filing. And discovering old loves. During the 80's  when I was making One of A Kind women's and children's clothes I discovered the magic of photocopy machines. The more often you copy something the more the image breaks down. It was watching generations pass in front of your eyes; there were no shades of gray just black and white and the process reminded me of the Ortho film that I had first loved as an art student. So you will see some black and white images that were photocopied and enlarged to life size then reshot with the camera, and there are images that started life as video that I then took stills from. And you will see some, that I hope are the beginning of a new series.
photocopies, video stills and photos of bodies

2 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.