Thursday, August 18, 2011

Secret Places

There are always places in the garden that I call secret places. Some designed and some just happen. This is one of those. The hops [link here] has had a banner year and run rampant over a honeysuckle, a rose and a yew. And while I have pruned the growth over the yew I have let it have it's way with the rose and honeysuckle.  As you can see it has covered most of the rose and honeysuckle creating a wonderful hiding place, the best kind to find when you were a child. Actually a very fine one to find as an adult. It will only become more beautiful as the leaves turn colour . And when they drop just the bones will be left in their stark beauty. I am hoping the structure will be strong enough to support the snow creating another kind of secret place.

Secret Place

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.