Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Finding My Way In The Dark

Trying out this new paper Terra Skin I went to dark, I had laid down a few layers of ink and was drawing into it and when it dried I had to stand at an angle to the piece to see the marks. The camera wasn't to happy either but I was hoping that by playing with the darks and shadows in photoshop I might find what I knew was there.


Really, there is something there,  38, x 24 in, ink on paper, 2014

After playing in photoshop

and after even more playing in photoshop


6 comments:

  1. I love the whole series, the gradual revelation of 'what lies within'. I see it as a triptych.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ersi, I like your idea of the triptych, I had not though of that!

      Delete
  2. I'm always drawn to low contrast works --- they have a quiet resonance and mystery that appeals as they allow my imagination free reign...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interplay of line and the movement in the last one - amazing what Photoshop can uncover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE photoshop Charlton, it's a important as my favourite brush or paper.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.