Friday, March 28, 2014

Trial Prints

Got my sample pack of digital Japanese paper in the mail a few days ago and have been doing some trial proofs before I order. It's been trickier than I thought as the sample sizes are small 8.5 x 11 and won't work in my big printer, and I can't seem to find the right profiles for the paper so am being a bit more "creative" than I like. First of all I printed my drawing from March 6 [link here] on my big sheet of paper [the untreated paper that I have been using for all these drawings], which did not want to feed into the 9800 at all, and finally I taped it to a support. A few glitches; the paper wasn't taped on to the support well enough and the paper is very absorbent, so the print feels a bit softer than I would like.

ready to weave, printed on Japanese Kozuke, 40 72 in, 2014


And here are a couple printed on Japanese paper that has been coated for ink jet printing. They are so small compared to the big one that it hard to know if they really have more detail. There is more color  but I can get rid of that. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions. Any advice would be more than welcome!


tiny trial 3, 11 x 8.5 in, Hiromi paper, 2014

tiny trial 1, 11 x 8.5 in, Hiromi paper, 2014


4 comments:

  1. The first image is so rich. The crinkles in the paper giving it a much more natural feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz and thanks, I am still unsure of the digital prints on these papers, love the papers but not the quality of the prints, more experimenting on the horizon.[I like the crinkles too, not so sure the printer did….]

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.