Friday, July 11, 2014

I did it!

My main hard drive on my computer failed on Wednesday, and although I am good about backing up files I hadn't backed up my OS for a year. So I spent a LOT of time trying various schemes to try and retrieve my up to date OS, not too successfully. Time to replace that hard drive, and I would really like someone else to do that but I didn't want to loose my computer for 10 days, so I bought a hard drive and installed it my self, and am pretty chuffed about it. So now it time to bring the OS up to date and make another backup boot drive that I promise faithfully to back up every month. That and maybe once a year blow the dust out of the computer; there was an impressive amount in there.


photo from the web

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.