Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rampant Growth in the Garden

While I was running away and setting up the show the garden continued to grow and grow and yesterday when I found a couple of hours I began to try and bring back some small semblance of order, deadheading, cutting back and still pruning deadwood from the winter. Every year I find it staggering the rate of growth, and this year it's beginning to feel like a jungle. The great lesson of the garden is that as soon as I finish, whether it's weeding or deadheading or another job I need to start again. And so the great circle continues.


studio garden looking east, 2014

studio garden looking west with my shadow, 2014

Zoe surveying from the terrace where we sit and drink our coffee, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.