Thursday, November 20, 2014

Procrastination + Fear

procrastination |prəˌkrastəˈnāSHən, prō-|
noun

the action of delaying or postponing something: your first tip is to avoid procrastination.

 I love dictionaries, I start looking up a word to spell and end up spending more time just reading definitions. This word has been important lately and I realized that what was happening was fear. That was at the bottom of all the procrastination. With that realization I could move . A few months ago Tamar sent me her domino for me to complete and start another to send to Martin [see link here and here] I had a zillion sketches but I never finished them until a few days ago when I could finally move beyond the fear of having to work on the same surface, actually beside Tamar's work and not mess it up. Plus, I wanted a conversation with her work, a dance where she takes the first step and I respond, then I take the next step and Martin responds. This is where I have ended up. And I can mail it off to Martin today. Yea!


Tamar Zinn to Liz Davidson, mixed media on paper, 6 x 12 in, 2014


Liz Davidson to Martin Scholte, mixed media on paper, 6 x 6 [12] in 2014



6 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.