Friday, December 11, 2015

More Wonderings

I’ve run out of my favourite charcoal and so until I can get some more I’ve been playing with the drawings on the computer. And as I was working "The Diamond Sutra” kept popping into my mind.

From Thich Nhat Hanh
Opening Gatha

How may we overcome the fear of birth and death
and arrive at the state that is as indestructible as a diamond?
What way can direct us in our practice
to sweep away our thousands of illusions?
If the awakened mind shows its compassion
and opens up for us the treasure store,
then we may bring into our lives
the wonderful diamond teachings.

And goes on to say

All conditioned phenomena
Are like a dream, an illusion, a bubble, a shadow,
Like dew or a flash of lightning;

Thus we shall perceive them.”



Dream 9az, from the charcoal drawings, digital image, 2015
Dream 8a, from the charcoal drawings, digital image, 2015

Dream 9a1, from the charcoal drawings, digital image, 2015

Dream 9abc, from the charcoal drawings, digital image, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.